pin

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gary the snail cake from spongebob squarepants

I covered some rice cereal I shaped into the bottom of the snail with buttercream for mm fondant to stick.
I frosted a ten inch round cake and cut off a few inches attaching to blue fondant covered body with frosting. I pused two skewers into the cake thru to the rice cereal to keep in place.
I covered the snail back with pink fondant attatched purple spots, swirl and a rim with glue I made with water and gumpaste.
I rolled two green circles for eyes  pushed into skewers I measured and set till firm in fridge, I pushed into rice cereal head and atatched red circles, Adding black frosting dots for eyes.
I covered the skewers with blue fondant and glued at top to eyes and bottom to head. Keep in a cool place 40 to 50 degrees.








No comments:

Post a Comment