pin

Friday, March 16, 2012

Car cake

I'm practing carving a car shaped cake

To make marshmallow fondant:

 microwave
16 oz mini marshmallows don't use cheap walmart ones they crystalize.
Melt with tsp of water constantly stirring 2:40 min on my microwave
Fold in 16 oz or 2 pound bag of S&W powdered sugar( some contain more contratch this dries it out)

 so I have half a two pound bag combine and add as I go!
 When it gets tough grease up your hands front and back with Crisco and knead in more powdered sugar until its a dough
Cover with Crisco and let sit in plastic baggie.or Saran wrap for a while( hour) helps release air bubbles and dissolves powder crumbles.
I let sit overnight. When ready to use if stiff, microwave ten sec to soften .



I pulled off half to cover car. Greased my hands with Crisco and kneaded in green wilting food coloring gel. I rolled out onto a pile of cornstartch. It was still sticky so I kneaded again. And rolled out again on pile of cornstarch dusting the top.
Once rolled kinda thin not too thin to rip. I rollled onto my rolling pin and covered my car. Smoothing gently with fondant smoother and cutting off edges with a Pizza cutter.
It was soft and ripped a few places ill find thing to cover my rips.
I marked the line of Windows with a tool to outline doors and trunk too. I rolled out bumper attatching with gumpaste glue and smoothing flat.















No comments:

Post a Comment