pin

Monday, July 23, 2012

Chocolate sponge

Melt six tbl of unsalted butter. I used double  ingredients of Crisco half butter

Remove from.heat add tbl of vanilla I added 2
Let cool
separate bowl
Mix 1 1/4 c sugar (I doubled to three cups)
5 egg. I need 10 large eggs 10 egg yolks
Blend over boiling water with two and half cups water
Until warm to touch or120 on candy thermometer
Remove from heat mix in mixer on high for five minutes until triples in size
Stabilization of foam
Mix on med for ten min
Fold in flour mixture :
of 1 1/2 c flour , calls for cake i used white whole wheat doubled is three cups
1/2 cup cocoa powder I doubled to one cup
sift together twice with 3 tsp of baking powder

Add small amount of batter to butter mixture
Then fold tempered batter into remaining mixtures
bake 375 for 20 to 30 min
 for moister cake I made a simple syrup of one c water one c sugar dissolve , sprinkle over cake













No comments:

Post a Comment